QQ-N-290 Class 1 and 2 | AMS 2403
FAST! 2 – 3 Days Turn-Around
Same Day & Next Day Expedited Service Available!
Nickel plating provides a good corrosion and wear resistance deposit at a relatively low cost, while providing a high luster and bright decorative deposit, appealing to the eye. It is widely utilized in components requiring corrosion resistance on copper, brass, stainless and steel alloys, including medical, aerospace, common house hold items, and the oil and gas industry.
What Are The Benefits Of Nickel Electroplating?
Electroplating nickel develops and enhances several characteristics in the nickel base material:
- Increases strength and hardness
- Improved chemical and corrosion resistance
- Improved external appearance with nickel-plating chemicals
For engineering applications, nickel is applied on contacts and connectors for its high solder ability properties as well as an anti-diffusion layer between copper and gold, increasing corrosion and wear resistance of gold plated components.
Our rack, barrel, and vibratory process lines are set up to process nickel plating on millions of components a month, including contact pins, contact rings, and various other components for wide range of industries, including oilfield, oil & gas, electronics, medical, air defense, military, aerospace, etc.
Nickel Electroplating vs. Electroless Plating
Nickel Plating Specifications
- Nickel plating per AMS-QQ-N-290A, Class 1 and 2, AMS 2403
- Nickel plating on Aluminum, copper alloys, beryllium copper, brass, nickel alloys, stainless steel alloys, and steel alloys.
- Good corrosion resistance
- 175 – 210 VHN hardness
- 90,000 psi max tensile strength
- RACK – For intricate shapes, including molded contacts, connectors, rotatable connectors, ground springs, and selective plating.
- BARREL – for high volume of contact pins, small contact rings, and various small size parts.
- VIBRATORY – For highest quality on contact pins, contact rings, and various small size parts. This method includes best distribution and coverage, including difficult to plate inside wall of small bores.
- We are able to process over 100K parts per month. In house X-Ray machine for precise thickness testing
We specialize in providing our customers with thickness specific coatings. We hinge in understanding the engineering behind the coating call out, therefore we ensure our coating deposit is verified and certified to the customer’s requirement. Our inspection process includes an XRF coating thickness analysis (nondestructive), as well as adhesion tests, both compliant to world known specifications, including ASTM, Military, AMS, and ISO.